October 24 to November 1, 2020
Nobscot Scout Reservation (1 Nobscot Rd, Sudbury, MA)
The New England Orienteering Club is pleased to provide a little certainty in uncertain times.
All Scouts and other youth are invited to try the sport of orienteering from October 24-November 1, 2020. However, this year will be a little different as we adapt to life with COVID-19.
The 2020 Fall Scout-O will be a BYOM event (Bring-Your-Own-Map) at Nobscot Scout Reservation, spread over 9 days (2 weekends) to allow for social distancing and to limit the number of participants to 70 per day (35 in the morning & 35 in the afternoon).
- All attendees must comply with the latest COVID-19 Guidelines posted on the Mayflower Council BSA website: http://www.mayflowerbsa.org/covid-19/. Please limit group size to 12.
- NEOC will design and set control flags for a variety of courses, including White (easy), Yellow (beginner), and Orange (intermediate).
- Night-O will hopefully be available (pending permission). Self-starting (no mass start).
- A link to the orienteering course maps will be sent to the e-mail address used for the signup, not later than Wednesday, October 24. Download and print copies for your group.
- Start and Finish will not be staffed, and no orienteering club personnel will be present. Thus, start on your own time, and orienteer on your own (following appropriate guidelines), Scoutmasters are fully responsible for the safety of their troop members. Timing via QR codes and smart phones; results immediately available on smart phone.
- No patches, no trophies, no on-site instruction. Links to instructional videos will be sent prior to the event.
- Advance registration is required to get the link to maps. Space is limited to 70 participants per day. Please only sign up for 1 day to allow others the opportunity to participate.
- Local groups are encouraged to consider coming during the week, and leave weekend slots for non-local troops.
- Camping or overnight arrangements are available at the discretion of Mayflower Council.
- Questions about Nobscot Scout Reservation or camping: contact Mayflower Council.
Any changes will be communicated via e-mail to registrants.