Welcome to the Spring 2021 Sprint Orienteering Series! We are bringing back the tradition of the CSU Park-O series that would have had its 20th year in 2020 (except for 2020!). This year the spring series will be 5-6 low-key, short course, in-person events in local urban parks.
Time: Start times are from 6:00 pm to 6:59 pm every Thursday.
Dates and Locations: Location may be adjusted based on permit availability—final location info will appear on the Schedule.
- Apr 22: Medford - Hormel Stadium
- Apr 29: Newton - Edmands Park
- May 6: Burlington - Mary Cummings Park*
- May 13: Arlington - Menotomy Rocks Park
- May 20: Newton - Nahanton Park
- May 27: Boston - Jamaica Pond
Registration: Pre-registration is required for all events no later than the Tuesday (2 days) before. Reserve your spot now for the series or sign up weekly (space dependent). Due to Covid-19 restrictions we have a limit of 50 participants for some locations, and we will print maps based on pre-registration.
COVID-19 Safety: Use of face masks and social distancing is required at all times. Individually bagged maps will be provided, bring your own SI timing stick/card, or sanitized SI cards will be available for loan. No public restrooms will be available.
Cost: Covers costs of map printing and permits
- Series Registration: $15/person or $45/family
- Individual Event: $5/event or $15/family
* The Mary Cummings Park event is free, thanks to The Trustees of Reservations.
- NEOC membership does not cover the start fees for these events as they are organized jointly by CSU and NEOC
Results: Overall times and split-times for each checkpoint will be available online after the event. Points will be awarded on the longer course, based on 20 points for 1st place, 19 points for 2nd place and so on regardless of age or gender. Your top 3 events count towards your total points score (i.e. 60 points max).
Organizers: Cambridge Sports Union (CSU) and New England Orienteering Club (NEOC)