NEOC: BYOM Auburndale Park & Flowed Meadow - (Newton, MA)
From Saturday, March 26, 2022
To Sunday, April 03, 2022
Auburndale Park & Flowed Meadow Conservation Area
White, Yellow, Sprint1, Sprint2, Sprint3
Bring Your Own Map (BYOM) orienteering is available for 1 week (March 26 – April 3, 2022) at Auburndale Park and Flowed Meadow Conservation Area, a pretty park situated along the Charles River in Newton, MA.
Please park at the large lot (free of charge) at 104 W. Pine St., Auburndale. (See map below.)
Courses (open 10 AM, March 26 at 10 am until 6 PM, April 3, 2022):
- White (1.3 km) – beginner: all controls on trails
- Yellow (2.0 km) – advanced beginner: all controls visible from trails
- Sprint1 (2.6 km) – intermediate short: some controls on trail, some off trail
- Sprint2 (3.2 km) – intermediate medium
- Sprint3 (3.7 km) – intermediate long
- Use of masks and social distancing is required at all times. Please be respectful of other park users.
- Report any missing controls / QR codes or any other issues to the event director.
- Dogs must be leashed.
- Please scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find them all or just decided to stop) so we know you are off the course.
- Due to COVID, no public restrooms will be available.
Get Course Maps
Time Your Run
- Time yourself (no splits will be captured).
- Use your smartphone to scan a code at each control (requires data connection; may require an app that reads QR codes).
Record Your Time
- Self-timed runners: Record your time for the final results.
- QR-code runners: Your time and splits were automatically recorded by the QRienteering system.
104 W. Pine St.
See who's coming to this event from MeetUp.